Try out the forthcoming new features of OpenCms 10 with this beta release.
New in OpenCms 10
- Modernized the look & feel of the overall user interface
- Introduced the Launchpad as the central starting place for the user
- New file explorer with support for column sorting, filtering and large folders
- Developers can now export and import modules through a SMB network share
- New Git App allows committing of module content directly from the workplace
- New <cms:search> tag combines SOLR based resource collection and full text searches
- New <cms:display> tag generates the output for a single resource with
a selected formatter
- New <cms:edit> tag allows editing of arbitary resources based on UID
- Drag and Drop of images directly in the page editor
- Reuse groups allow reusing nested container structures on several pages
- Copy groups allow creation of boiler plate layouts with text / images
- Users are identified with an identicon or a personal image in the toolbar
- Improved the template editor with support for inherited and disabled templates
- Added a reset password option to the login dialog
- Nested container structures can now be copied using the clipboard
- Support for local configuration change sets based on XSLT
- Modules can be exported with a reduced manifest.xml to avoid merge conflicts
- Optimized resources types, formatters and views in the demo template application
- Updated the responsive demo template based on Bootstrap
Please note: This beta version is considered feature complete!
All important functionalities are in place. Some minor GUI improvements, as well as
improvements to the demo template, will be made for the final release. In case you plan
to upgrade to OpenCms 10 when it's released, we recommend to use this beta for testing
your templates in the new version.
Who should use this OpenCms 10 Beta distribution download?
Use this download to try out the new version 10 Beta of OpenCms before the final release.
OpenCms 10 Beta is fully backward compatible to all prior 9.x versions. Templates and other OpenCms
developed code for these versions should work "out of the box" with version 10 beta.
Please note: The *.jar files in this binary distribution have been compiled for