Try out the forthcoming new features of OpenCms 10 with this alpha release.
Please note: This alpha version is not feature complete! Some important
functionalities are missing, these will be added in later alpha or beta release. We do not
recommend to use this version in productive OpenCms environments
New in OpenCms 10
- Modernized the look & feel of the overall user interface
- Introduced the Launchpad as the central starting place for the user
- New file explorer with support for column sorting, filtering and large folders
- Developers can now export and import modules through a SMB network share
- New Git App allows committing of module content directly from the workplace
- New <cms:search> tag combines SOLR based resource collection and full text searches
- Drag and Drop of images directly in the page editor
- Copy groups allow creation of boiler plate layouts with text / images
- Reuse groups allow reusing nested container structures on several pages
- Users are identified with an identicon in the toolbar
- Improved the template editor with support for inherited and disabled templates
- New <cms:edit> tag allows editing of arbitary resources based on UID
- Added a reset password option to the login dialog
- Nested container structures can now be copied using the clipboard
- Support for local configuration change sets based on XSLT
- Modules can be exported with a reduced manifest.xml to avoid merge conflicts
- Optimized resources types, formatters and views in the demo template application
- Updated the responsive demo template based on Bootstrap
Improved in OpenCms 10.0.0 Alpha 1
- Extended lookup of login-form property to also work with detail pages.
- Made pointers/htmlredirects work for internationalized domain names.
- Improved synchronization in SQL manager and content type definitions.
- Fixed issue #323 with missing manifest entries for Russian localization.
- Fixed script tag generation in action elements for better IE compatibility.
- Fixed issue where import failed due to missing principals.
- Fixed issue with null pointers during inline editing.
- Fixed issue with null pointers when reading search document dependencies.
- Fixed issue where validation messages were not displayed in the workplace locale.
Please note: This version of OpenCms requires Java 7 because of library
Please check out the
for further details of the changes in this release.
Who should use this OpenCms 10.0.0 Alpha 1 distribution download?
Use this download to install the new version 10.0.0 Alpha 1 of OpenCms from scratch. OpenCms
9.5.2 is fully backward compatible to all prior 9.x versions. Templates and other OpenCms developed
code for these versions should work "out of the box" with version 10.0.0 Alpha 1.
Please note: The *.jar files in this binary distribution have been compiled for