We recommend everyone who uses OpenCms to update to the version 9.5 release.
New in OpenCms 9.5
- Drag & drop template and layout creation with nested containers.
- User generated content for website visitors.
- Editors don't need to access the workplace anymore.
- Managing of galleries, categories and templates in the sitemap editor.
- Greatly enhanced documentation.
- Generate PDF documents on the fly.
- Grid based responsive demo website build with Bootstrap.
- Integrated Spell Checker for the WYSIWYG editor component.
- New roles for fine grained access to the content management functions.
- Element views allow easy grouping and permission setting for content types.
- Create, copy or reuse options when using existing contents.
- Updated user preferences dialog accessible in the page editor.
Improved in OpenCms 9.5
- Added broadcast messages to be shown in the page editor.
- Added feature to generate thumbnail images of PDF documents.
- Added option to show historic versions of elements, available in element info dialog.
- Added editor visibility handler for content fields in the XSD.
- Added locale synchronization for content fields in the XSD.
- Added dynamic field handlers for content fields in the XSD.
- Added new mappings to generate gallery descriptions in the XSD.
- Added "generic locale" for container pages so that elements are valid for all languages.
- Added support for CMYK .jpg images.
- Added thumbnail size display options for images galleries.
- Added option to run a script with CmsShell commands on module import.
- Updated to latest version of TinyMCE.
- Improved password encryption with strong scrypt algorithm.
- Improved screen usage, dialog adjusts to available screen size.
- Improved publishing dialog, especially for thousands of resources.
- Improved user preferences definition to be flexible instead of hard coded.
- Improved status information for new or changed elements in the gallery lists.
- Improved collector list edit points to have a full set of options.
- Improved result lists displayed in ADE to show more infos and options.
Please note: This version of OpenCms requires Java 6 because of library
Please check out the
release notes for
further details of the changes in this release.
Who should use this OpenCms 9.5 distribution download?
Use this download to install the new version 9.5 of OpenCms from scratch. OpenCms 9.5 is fully
backward compatible to all prior 9.x, 8.x and 7.x versions. Templates and other OpenCms developed
code these versions should work "out of the box" with version 9.5.
If you want to upgrade an existing OpenCms 9.0.x, 8.5.x, 8.0.x, 7.5.x, 7.0.x or 6.x version,
please use the OpenCms 9.5 upgrade Wizard download also available from this website.
Please note: The *.jar files in this binary distribution have been compiled for